What is an international SEO? Tips for international SEO
International SEO is a process of optimizing your web pages so that web pages can be easily identified by search engines to display the website in the countries that you want to target. In simple words, International SEO is the same as the basic SEO But the difference is that in international SEO web pages are optimized for the other countries or multiple countries and multiple languages at the same time.
Why you need to do International SEO
If you running a website, then everyone wants to expand their online business. Instead of your own country, everyone wants to target other countries as well. If you came to know that users are coming from other countries then International SEO plays a very important role to rank your website very higher. Instead of optimizing the website to attract the audience from state or city or even one country, It is better to geotarget the audience. So making an internationalized site is a wise choice to attract traffic from worldwide.
Would you like to get an international audience and wants to expand your online business? So international SEO helps to offer a cost-effective and scalable process to grow your business in the country that you want to target.
Before doing the international SEO, You should have to clear and get ready about these three points.
- Country Targeting: You should have to specify your targetted countries with an international friendly URL.
- Language Targeting: Specify the languages that your web pages are targeting. Make use of language tags
- Create your Web Pages content in the target languages.
Best practices to follow for SEO
- Keyword Research: is very necessary. When you are clear with your target countries then it’s time to decide the keywords. Choose keywords according to the targeted countries. What peoples are searching for most? Try to find keywords that are popular with the audience in your target country, and craft a content strategy based on that.
- Domains: If you want to target a particular country then using a country-specific domain is a good idea, These can rank higher than the global domain. For the multiple languages choosing subdomains and subdirectories is a good idea. In Practice Sub Domains/Sub Directories helps the most to rank higher in a specific country.
- Content: As like the keywords, content is also a very important factor. Do not use duplicate content ever. Google strictly does not recommend this and thus your website rank does not well. Your content is must your and it should be able to target the audience.
- Content Level Targetting, If you targetting multiple counties then stuff a countries name in your posts and as a keyword.
- Google Console: Proper utilize the google console. In the International targeting set that you want to target the most.
- Hosting: Use a hosting of a country that you are targetting. If you are targetting multiple countries then using a CDN is a wise choice.
- Backlinks: Backlinks are the old technique in SEO but stills play a very important role. Make backlinks on a country based websites. If you are targetting multiple countries then create backlinks for all those countries. For example, use USA websites for backlinks if you are targetting the USA Audience.
- For country-based traffic, you should submit your website to local search engines and local web directories.
- Track Keyword Progress In Country-Specific Searches
- If the website is in multiple languages according to the countries then must include a hreflang